Skip to content

Busy, Busy!

March 31, 2010

Whoa! Where did the last two days go??

Yesterday was a super busy day at work. I had training all day which involved some manual labor, and then I had to teach in the afternoon. When I got home from work I went for a 3 mile run (for the first time since I got sick). It felt so nice to be outside, but the wind and sun was in my face no matter where I turned. I worked in my garden for a few minutes while I cooled down then threw together some dinner before we had to run some errands. Speaking of food from yesterday, I definitely did much better on the eats. Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, an orange, blueberries and an apple for snacks and some pork and black beans with orzo for dinner. Dinner was actually a little kit the BF picked up on his way home at the grocery store. Yum! For a pre-packaged meal it was relatively healthy and delicious. I wish I could have had something green with dinner, but I was in a hurry! After the errands I started reading and then it hit me: MIGRAINE!!! So, since I was already sitting in bed I just went to sleep…who cares that it was only 8:30 🙂

I woke up this morning definitely feeling better. I drank a ton of water and threw some oatmeal fixin’s in my bag to take to work for breakfast. I had lots of work to do this morning that involved being outside, so that was fantastic. By lunch I was famished; luckily the BF was off work today and cooked me up a delicious lunch-a chicken & spinach salad. This afternoon at work was much more laid back and I got a lot accomplished in my office, including scarfing down a new fruit for my “taste 1,000 fruits” goal on my life list: a champagne mango. I wasn’t impressed at first, but in the spirit of being a pig not being wasteful I kept on eating it and by the end I decided that I LOVED it. It was sweet, but not too sweet. It’s a crying shame that I didn’t take a picture of it.

After work I came home to find that the BF had done a bunch of yard work (YAY!) and I needed to go to Lowe’s to pick up some more bushes. I scurried up there and bought 5 bushes to go under the new tree as well as some flowers to go around all of the trees. Our front yard needs some color! Dinner this evening was some tasty chicken tacos. Another quick and easy meal. It took less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Now I’m just lounging around wishing I had a little something sweet to nibble on!

Since I didn’t take any pictures today I leave you with this one of a giant tortoise from a trip I took a year ago. Enjoy!

The Francois Leguat Giant Tortoise and Cave Reserve, Rodrigues Island

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: